Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Formula question from beginner

JPorter,

When copied down with the Fill Handle,
=A2&" "&B2
should give you
=A3&" "&B3
=A4&" "B4
etc.

If it isn't, something isn't as advertised. Check the formulas carefully before and after
you drag the Fill Handle. Make sure the A2 reference isn't in quotes or something.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"JPorter" wrote in message

I am trying to apply the CONCATENATE formula to some cells.

More specifically, I am trying to combine the text from two columns into one.

I write the formula as =A2&" "&B2 and that works great.

What I would like to know is how I can apply this same formula to other
cells (in other words I want A3 & B3, A4 &B4, A5 & B5 and so forth and so
on).

If I just drag the formula the only value that changes is the second. (So
if i start out with =A2&" "&B2 and then drag it down, the next cell formula
is =A2&" "&B3

Can anyone help this beginner?

Thanks so much.

JPorter