Rob

I've seen that tool, but it doesn't do the trick. The series names are bilt
programmatically, and this app doesn't let you do that. I could fix that, but
as you know the code is protected.

I was able to get a satisfactory solution by using the MouseMove event and
building (or rebuilding) a "last series" whenever the mouse is over a label.

Thanks.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Rob -

You could dispense with the regular labels, and use a utility like Tushar Mehta's
Chart Hover Label add-in (http://tushar-mehta.com), which pops up a custom label as
you mouse over items in the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Rob wrote:

I have a chart that has lots of data labels, so many that some of the labels
become partially obscured. I have a routine that runs whenever a label is
clicked upon, and one of the things I'd *Like* to do is to mimic a drawing
object "Bring to Front" function. Is this possible?

The way the chart is constructed might help (or hurt) my chances: I am
graphing a tree chart, instantiated as an xlXYScatterLines Chart, and each
"node" in the tree is represented by a series with two points (node and
parent node). Each series gets one datalabel (at the node, i.e. the first
point in the series gets a label, the second doesn't).

I guess it's possible that I could re-order the series collection when the
label is selected, so that the series selected is last (and thus, I presume,
the datalabel is drawn last). I don't know if this would work, but I'd
really like to avoid this since it takes a couple of seconds to redraw the
chart, and that could get annoying...

Thanks!
Rob