Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gwolfe gwolfe is offline

Default Formula Problem

Thanks for the assist. The formula looks like it will solve the problem.

"JLatham" wrote:

Why worry about what happened yesterday, or last month? Instead, how about
simply calculating the maximum number of employees you need in any given
month based on the number of Firms/Accounts recorded for the month?

January in column B, Firms in row 2, Accounts in row 3, this formula in B4:
=MAX(INT((B2/10)+1),INT((B3/5000)+1))
It selects the larger of B2/10 (# firms/10) or B3/5000 (# accounts/5000).
The Int()+1 guarantees you'll always have a job (minimum of 1 person).

Will that do you any good?

(If this is double-post, please excuse the inability of the site to cope
with itself -JLL)

"gwolfe" wrote:

Im trying to write a formula that will tell me when to add a new employee
based upon the total number of firms or accounts added. If total firms are
by month in row 2 and total accounts are in row 3, I want to add a new
employee to the employee count in row 4 every time the total firms increases
by 10 or total accounts increases by 5000 since the last headcount addition.
Any ideas?