Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default *or footnote cells in a table?

You can use datavalidation, then select the message tab. Now when the cell
is selected there will be a little pop up frame with your info.
You can also insert a comment and you will get
a red triangle in the top right corner of the cell, when you move the cursor
over the triangle it will
pop up

Peo Sjoblom

"ctc" wrote in message
How do I visually demarcate a cell to reference a note that I might list
under the Excel table? Typically this is done with either multiple
asterisks
or a number to give the reader additional information about the contents
of a
cell. Since the cell contains a formula and a resulting numerical value I
haven't been able to figure out how to do this.