Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Grega Ian Grega is offline

Default pivot table calc item

Sorry -Debra's instructions .

"Liny" wrote:

I don't understand what you mean add another copy of the 'Amount' field.

Let me give you more information of the data source.

level type data period
BNF fcst 20 FEB-08
FAC fcst 50 FEB-08
FAC budget 60 FEB-08
MKT fcst 10 FEB-08
MKT budget 5 FEB-08
OTH fcst 5 FEB-08
OTH budget 9 FEB-08
INS fcst 9 MAR-08
TE budget 20 MAR-08

On the pivot table, the period name is a page field which I have it set to
'FEB-08'.
As you can see from the data, I do not have INS and TE level for 'FEB-08'
period. But when I add the 'diff' calc item, the INS and TE show up.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Instead of using a calculated item, add another copy of the Amount field
to the data area, and change it to a custom calculation, Difference
From. There are examples he

Liny wrote:
I am running an issue with the Excel pivot table calculate item. The source
of data comes from Oracle. The data is bought into to Excel and display them
in the pivot table. There are two fields: level and type. Type has two values
of fcst and budget.

This is what the pivot table looks like:
diff is the calucated item (type[fcst] - type[budget])

type
level fcst budget diff
BNF 20 20
FAC 50 60 -10
MKT 10 5 5
INS
OTH 5 9 -4
TE

The levels with data are fine, but it also shows those levels(INS, TE) that
have no data. How do I exclude those no data levels(eg INS, TE) from showing
up in the pivot table?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures