Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Calculate interest between two date ranges

The best way is to describe your problem in non-Excel terms. Then we can
translate it into Excel. Without a decent description, we can only guess at
what you need.

In non-Excel terms, my guess is you want to:

1. Calculate the number of days in the period.
2. Divide by 365 to get what portion of a year you have.
3. Multiply by the interest rate.

In Excel terms, if you have A1 as the starting date, A2 as the ending date,
and A3 as the interest rate, your formula is:

=a3*(a2-a1)/365

Regards,
Fred.

"Legal Learning" wrote in message
Can someone tell this NON-Excel folk how to create a formula to do this?

Much appreciated!
--
CLG