Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Drop Down List - Select Multiple Items

You need to set a cell or cells as a DV Dropdown with a list then alter the code
to point to that DV Dropdown cell or column.

From your original post I believe you should concentrate on the Comma Separated
worksheet code

Perhaps you should see Debra's site for how to create a DV dropdown list first
before altering any of her code.

Now, to the workbook you downloaded......................

Have you tested by clicking on one of the DV dropdowns on the Comma Separated
sheet. Debra provides with the MultiSelect workbook.

Where will your DV dropdown cells be located?

Where will you store the DV list?

These I need to know before going any further but you could experiment with
changing this line

If Target.Column = 3 Then..........the 3 points to any DV Dropdown in Column C

Change to your column.

Gord

On Thu, 1 May 2008 07:59:00 -0700, VLH wrote:

I have viewed Debra's DV0017 workbook and the instructions only say to
right-click on the worksheet tab to view the code. It doesn't tell me what
function to place in my worksheet so that I receive multiple items from a
drop-down. Please help me understand what I should do with Debra's DV0017 to
ensure I get multiple items from a drop-down into my worksheet. Thanks!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

See Debra Dalgleish's site for a workbook download showing how to select
multiple items from a DV list.

DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in same
cell. DataValMultiSelect.zip 18kb updated 22-Feb-07

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:48:01 -0700, VLH wrote:

I need to select multiple items from a drop-down list that I created because
there are times where more than one item is needed.

For example, my drop-down list might contain the following:
apples, oranges, pears, lemons, mangos

I want the data cell to show that I selected: apples, oranges, pears (for
example).

Is this possible?