Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Links to password protected workbooks

Hi Michelle

Maybe you can use this add-in to get the values when you need them
There is a option to fill in the password

http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Michelle" wrote in message ...
Hello, I have a summary sheet which links to many (20ish) password protected
files. Every time I open it or update the links, I have to enter many
(20ish) passwords.

Is there a way I can avoid or automate this process.

I am happy to use VBA (or any other method), but bear in mind that the files
are big and take 10 seconds or so to open.

I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Many thanks