Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Drop-Down List

To allow items that aren't in the list, in the Data Validation dialog
box, go to the Error Alert tab, and remove the check mark. There's a
picture he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal04.html#Error

To allow multiple selections, you can use programming. There's a sample
file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from
Dropdown List'

VLH wrote:
Can anyone help me with drop-downs, I'm dropping down in my understanding of
this function. Problems a

1. I want the option of selecting from the list or typing in the data cell
without having to use the list.

2. I want to have the option of selecting multiple items from the list and
have them appear in the data cell.

Thanks very very much...

--
Debra Dalgleish