Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shamantiks Shamantiks is offline

Default copy conditional formatting, paste format without conditions

I have been trying to do the same thing Jason. I want to keep my formatting
and discard the code. This will allow end users to resort a spreadsheet,
copy/paste and keep all the colors/formatting but not have it change on them.
I need the formatting static.

So Gord you make a valid point that the interior colorindex isn't populated
the same way just shading a cell green or red would. I'll take that as fact.
But there must be a way! Hasn't someone at least written a macro or module
that can identify the formatting of each, and copy it into tab2 without the
conditional formatting? something clever?

Obviously the issue is caused by the morons at Microsoft who failed to test
Excel. "Paste Special - Formats" should do the trick. But unfortunately, they
never realized that "Formats" actually includes Formats and Formulas (and
Conditional Formatting).

Pasting Values = values only. Pasting Formulas = formulas only.
So why doesn't Pasting Formats = Formats only?

Hard to believe there is no solution/workaround to this design flaw/bug.
I've done alot of web searches and nobody has a working answer I can find.