Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Andy is offline

Default WeekDay count between dates

I have gotten this to work, thanks for everyone's input though!

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...=1#post1914050

"T. Valko" wrote:

That link doesn't work.

What are the dates?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi, thanks again for the help. I've tested the formula you've given but it
does not seemt to work for the third row of data:
http://f4.filecrunch.com/files/20080...a7db/Book1.xls

Thursday and Friday should be '0'....

"T. Valko" wrote:

Enter this formula in D2 and copy across to J2 then down as needed:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT($A2&":"&$B2-1)))=COLUMNS($D2:D2)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi there, thanks for the help this far. I need the days of the week in
columns however and cannot seem to get the formulae converted to suit.
Would
you be able to provide the details to fit this structure?

http://f4.filecrunch.com/files/20080...20bd/Book1.xls

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

A1 = start date
B1 = end date

A3:A9 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc, etc

Enter this formula in B3 and copy down to B9:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A$1&":"&B$1-1)),2)=ROWS(B$3:B3)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Andy" wrote in message
I have a number of records and each has a field of start and end
dates.
What
I need to work out is how I can count for each day of the week, how
many
days
are included in this date range (excluding the last date).

i.e.

Start: 01/04/2008
End: 12/04/2008.

Monday = 1