Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default showing numbers as percentages

Try it like this:

=IF(B10=0,"",B5/B10)

You may also want to round the result:

=IF(B10=0,"",ROUND(B5/B10,0))

Format as PERCENTAGE

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MELCHAUV" wrote in message
I need to create a column that shows the percentage for numbers that are in
different column. I must be using the wrong formula because it only works
if
there is data in the "number" column. I need the formula to work prior to
data being dropped into the "number" cells. As i am doing it I get an
error
message in each cell DIV/0! An example of one of the forumals I used is
=B5/B10. B10 is the total i need to divide into B5, the part of the
whole.

An example of how I need it to look after the numbers are dropped into the
worksheet

Number Percentage
Advanced 1 17%
Mastery 2 33%