Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default format default spreadsheet to text

Formatting cells to text is not the answer to your problem.

It may be a workaround but you have something else happening.

I would be looking for why Excel hangs when you type in letters when cells are
formatted to General.

General is exactly that..........General............Excel should not barf when
you enter letters, numbers, dates or whatever.

Does this "hang" occur with every workbook/sheet?

Existing ones? New ones?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:39:00 -0700, DD wrote:

how to format the entire spreadsheet to Text by default .

the default now is general under the - fomart cells , category.

Having problem when we type a,b c character , it will hang the excel
applicatin

so I have to format the entire spreadsheet to text every time i use the
excel so that it will not hang the excel application.