Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jlclyde jlclyde is offline

Default Message telling calculation is complete

On Apr 30, 10:33*am, deeds wrote:
Thanks for checking on this. *Ultimately all I want to accomplish is a little
progress bar OR just something simple like a box that pops up or shows up in
a cell that says..."Calculation Complete" *Right now the way the users
computer is working...they can't see the "Excel calc meter" and so, the only
way for them to see the calc is complete is when the curser changes to an
pointing arrow.
Any help/ideas would be great.

Thanks again!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:
Haven't got a clue.

Will have to download and look at it all.

Try to get back to you today but off to Nanaimo this afternoon for shopping.

Gord

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:30:04 -0700, deeds
wrote:

Sorry to keep going here...but I did copy the userform and module into my
workbook. *But what do I need to do to get the progress bar to appear during
a calculation. *Thanks again.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You would have to download the workbook from Andy's site then copy the userform
and code module to your workbook..

I would recommend moving the UserForm1 and Module1 to your Personal.xls so you
have access to all the types of meters for all open workbooks

To access the form and module, open Andy's workbook then Alt + F11 to get to the
Visual Basic Editor.

Gord

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:25:03 -0700, deeds
wrote:

Thanks...these look great...however, can you tell me how I actually add one
of these progress meters to my file? *Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

See Andy Pope's site for a workbook with various progess bars.

http://www.andypope.info/vba/pmeter.htm

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:41:03 -0700, deeds
wrote:

Thanks...however, that area of the screen is being taken up by another
application. *So, I cannot see the calculation meter. *Is there some quick
little messge box I can create or a cell I can put code to tell user when
calc is complete? *Thanks.

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Apr 25, 10:04 am, deeds wrote:
I am looking for something that would tell end user that the calculation
process is complete. *Something simple like text in a cell that appears when
calc is complete. *Any ideas? *Thanks Much!

In the bottom left hand corner of the screen there is a calculate.
When it is calcualting it says so it also says what % it is at.

Jay- Hide quoted text -

If you add a line to say Range(whatever)= Done. this woudl tell the
operator that it is done. that way you do nto have to fool around
with progress bars. even though they are very cool.

Jay