Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Pete Rooney Pete Rooney is offline

Default Chart adds in extra date values on the X axis

I managed to get around the problem by adding a new row that contained the
TEXT() values of the cells containing the dates and used this row as the
x-axis instead.
However, I would be interested to know if this "fill in the missing dates in
the series" effect is something that can be deactivated without having to go
this workaround.

Cheers

Pete

"Pete Rooney" wrote:

Good afternoon - just wondering if anyone can help.

I'm plotiing a range of data where the X-axis cells contain dates. I'm
trying to plot a cumulative line where the number of items processed each day
is the same, so the line will be straight. However, I'm only going to be
working Monday-Friday, and there's a bank Holiday coming up, so I won't have
items processed on every day.
So, I11 contains Thu 01 May, J11 contains Fri 02 May, K11 contains Tue 6th
of May.

The problem I have is that the resultant chart is adding the missing dates
to the X-Axis, so instead of a straight line being plotted, it's kinked.

How can I make the chart plot just the dates contained in the X-axis range
and not add in all the days in between?

Thanks in advance

Pete

The cells are actual dates, as they are used as lookup values with
SUMPRODUCT formulae, so I can't change them to labels.