Lynn A.

I'm not exactly sure about what you are asking but CTRL + clicking and
dragging will copy the object (or cells depending on what you have
selected).

Do you just want to type something into the shape? Right mouse click
and select Add Text.

Or you could try right mouse clicking the object and selecting
properties.

I don't know if this answers your question, but hopefully I gave you
an idea where to look.

Lynn

"Mark Stephens" wrote in message ...
I did it once but don't know how. Basically I just want to rename an
autoshape from "autoshape61" to "somethingmeaningful"

I think it involves pressing the control and then a + sign appears but can't
remember exactly; any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark