Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Sizing charts uniformly {need some tricks here}

The above method worked but I had trouble since my worksheets are
viewed at 65% to 70%

That's unfortunate. What do you feel are the particular unprofessional
aspects of charts viewed at 100%?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:39:42 -0400, "Jon Peltier"
brought the following to our attention:

Your life will be easier if you use a 100% view in Excel, and make the
charts the size you want them to be in PowerPoint. If you shift-click on a
chart, so it is selected with white handles, not black, around its
periphery, the Format Object menu item will format the chart like a shape,
and you can get its dimensions in the dialog.

- Jon

The above method worked but I had trouble since my worksheets are
viewed at 65% to 70% and it was difficult to get the charts to look
right in PPT. I tried going to 100% view but that would mean changing
all the formats on scores of charts, which there was no time to do.
Using 100% the charts no longer looked professional, more like `kiddieŽ
quality. I wish that Microsoft could add some usability to this stuff.

My preferred way is still to format the charts and them clip them out
with PSP capture, then clean up the edges with a white brush tool.
Finally reduce pallet to 16-colors and save as GIF.

-G