Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default How to create chart

newby1273 -

A histogram (column chart of a frequency distribution) usually displays
frequencies, but you can easily change it to show percentages of total. If
you want a histogram, there are many alternatives.

One is the Histogram tool of Excel's Analysis ToolPak add-in. Another is my
Better Histogram add-in, available free at www.treeplan.com.

Or, you can create the frequency distribution using multiple COUNTIF
worksheet functions, the array-entered FREQUENCY function, or a pivot table.
Then create your own Column chart type.

If you search Google, you are likely to find other possibilities.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"newby1273" wrote in message
New questioner, please excuse....
I'm trying to create a chart. I have 4,000+ rows and only 1 column. I'm
trying to create what I term as a % chart. What percentage of the column
is
100, between 50 - 100, between 0 - 50, etc etc etc. Can anyone help
direct

me? I don't know if this requires something else before being put into a
chart or what.