Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Disecting Contents

Thanks for your response
Allow me to modify my question a bit. Ultimately I want to use the disected
numbers in a vlookup. Can I do this without disecting the original cell.
For instance in column l= vlookup(first number in Col C, myrange,3) Col M =
vlookup(Second Number in Col C, myrange,3)....
Thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

DataText to ColumnsDelimited byCommaNextDestination.

Type in L1 or click on the refedit button and point to L1 then Finish

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:54:00 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

Hi
I am downloading a file and in column c the contents wil be numeric
separated by commas (as many as 5 numbers separated by commas
12345678,23456789,9876543,123456 in some cases 8 digits and in others 6). I
understand TextColumns for separating the contents however I would like to
keep the downloaded file intact and then disect the contents of Column C into
Column L-P. Suggestions?
Thanks