Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CB CB is offline

Default Add Beginning Text

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your help. This is a report that will have to be formatted at a
minimum every week. If I use the formula you suggest I would also have to do
a paste special to get the correct value in the field and delete the extra
columns.
Any idea on how to get a macro to automate this?
Thanks Again,
CB

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Apr 29, 2:44 pm, CB wrote:
I have the following in my spreadsheet:
Col A Col B Col C Col D
Address Client TextC1 061
Address Client TextC2 051
Address Client TextC3 041
Address Client TextC4 041
Address Client TextC5 061
Address Client TextC6 051

I need to add to column c textn Dallas every time 061 shows up in col d, St
Louis every time 051 shows up in col d and Nashville every time 041 show up
in col d.

Any one have any suggestions?

Your best bet woudl be to ahve a helper column. So in Column E you
woudl have =IF(D1="061",C1&"St Louis,IF(D1="051",C1&"Nashville",IF(so
on and so on

Or you coudl use a macro to go through each cell and if the number =
something then do whatever. I hope this helps.

Jay