Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat Adams Pat Adams is offline

Default Two windows of the same worksheet , but want filters on one

I figured it out again, Open the second window, apply filters (auto in this
case), select a column's filter and then one of the items so that the column
is filtered. Then, in the second window go down below the filtered area and
begin working. Once a filter actually has been used, it seems that Excel
thinks that the contiguously used space is all that will need to be
considered/filtered going forward (while that set of filters is in place).

"Bob I" wrote:

Start another(second) instance of Excel and then open the file there too.

Pat Adams wrote:

I need to have two windows of the same worksheet open, but I need filters on
only one. I did it yesterday, but somehow can't seem to get it to work again
today. Any help??