Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com is offline

Default Sizing charts uniformly {need some tricks here}

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:39:42 -0400, "Jon Peltier"
brought the following to our attention:

Your life will be easier if you use a 100% view in Excel, and make the
charts the size you want them to be in PowerPoint. If you shift-click on a
chart, so it is selected with white handles, not black, around its
periphery, the Format Object menu item will format the chart like a shape,
and you can get its dimensions in the dialog. I couldn't see in a ten second
look how to change the units.

I have a utility that shows you the size of the active chart:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ml#ChtSizeMenu

and another that aligns and sizes multiple charts to match each other:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...l#AlignChtDims

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions

Thanks.. great stuff!!

-G

wrote in message

With a number of worksheets with similar charts, I need to clip out
the charts basically all the same size for PowerPoint. Would like to
size them to the nearest 5-pix both height and width but none of the
methods are working.

My worksheets are viewed at 70% and the charts are formatted to
produce a professional appearance with small scale fonts, etc. Any
tips for doing this?

Have tried making the charts separate sheets but the fonts get all
messed up. Even tried `sizerī utilities but none display or read out
the chart boarder dimensions in pixels.

-G