JulieD

Hi

can't offer a "single click" solution - but it seems to work
1) click in your data range
2) choose data / pivot table and pivot chart report, accept all defaults
3) you should end up with one item on the field list, drag this item to both
the "rows" and "data" areas
4) on the pivot table toolbar, click on the chart icon - change the chart
type to pie & under chart options, display the % data labels.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"burkina" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I need to do what seems really a stupid thing, but I can't find an easy
way to do it with Excel.

Suppose to have a column like this:

The letters can be changed with anythin else, like numbers, whole
words, etc.
What I need is a chart pie with the frequencies of each letters.
So, the frequencies are A=4, B=2, C=1 and the pie should automatically
represent them with the right percentages.

It seems that you can't do that in excel with 'a single click'.
Is it true?
How should I do that?
If it's not so easy, can you suggest me other software?

Thanks,

Stefano