Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default cell references-Please Help! Please Help!

Use the INDIRECT function with the range address you created through
concatenation:

=SUM(INDIRECT(F3))
=AVERAGE(INDIRECT(F3))

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"James Lucero" wrote:

In a cell, I use the concatenate function to join the row and column of
another particular cell.

How can I now use that resulting cell reference in let's say another formula

e.g. A1 has the value $B2 and A2 has the value $B$3
cell F3 has the following =concatenate(A1,":"A2)

if Cell F3 is clicked it now shows the value $B$2:$B$3 in the cell BUT the
formula bar shows F3

Thereby if I used F3 in another formula, Excel would give error message #VALUE

Please Help