Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jonas Jonas is offline

Default using sumifs to sum based on month, and criteria

Hi.

I have a table of entries, structured in the following way:

Column A contains dates. Column B contains a data validated list. Column D
contains values.

I now wish to go through all the rows in the list, and sum the values if 1)
the value of the cell in column B matches "criteria", and 2) the date in
column A is in a specific month.

I tried the following formula to sum over all dates in April, without success:

=SUMIFS(D1:D10;A1:A10;MONTH=4;B1:B10;"criteria")

I suspect my use of the MONTH function is a bit unorthodox, but can't seem
to figure out the proper way to do it.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

/Jonas