Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff C Jeff C is offline

Default Replace update year in date

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

"Ken Hudson" wrote:

Hi Jeff,

One way....
If your dates are in column A and column B is empty, enter this formula in
B1 and copy down.

=MONTH(A1) & "/" & DAY(A1) & "/" & YEAR(A1)-100

Thanks Ken - Just what I was looking for - and now to go correct the data
entry clerks!

I appreciate your response

Then copy and paste special values to get rid of the formulas and then you
can delete column A.

Be sure to make a copy of your sheet first.
--
Ken Hudson

"Jeff C" wrote:

because of data entry errors I have a large number of birthdates that have
been entered with the year 20**instead of 19**. These are formatted in date
format and I am using Excel 2003 in XP Pro.

Can someone suggest a way of correcting this?

Thanks in advance