Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replace update year in date

I would be concerned that if I looked at the same worksheet next month, the
revisions would be different (since TODAY() is volatile).
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Something like this should do.

=IF(YEAR(A1)YEAR(TODAY()),A1,DATE(YEAR(A1)-100,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)))

It fixes the year if the year is some time in the future... The date is in A1.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jeff C" wrote:

because of data entry errors I have a large number of birthdates that have
been entered with the year 20**instead of 19**. These are formatted in date
format and I am using Excel 2003 in XP Pro.

Can someone suggest a way of correcting this?

Thanks in advance
--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do