Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default contents embed

You need to have a unique ID number for each employee which can be
listed in Sheet1 column A along with the names in column B.

Then when you enter an ID number into A1 (say) of Sheet2, you can put
this formula in B1:

=IF(A1="","",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,0))," n/
a",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,0))

This will return the name if the ID number exists, otherwise it will
return the message "n/a".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 28, 10:49*am, Mery wrote:
On my first sheet1 there are names of employees into the column B.
On the second sheet2 I need type in keys into the column A, than column B
needs recognize key and automatic typs in *name of employee *with *first name
and name.

How can I to do it?

Can somebody help me and solve this problem?
As always I am greatful for your help,

Mery