Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GRK GRK is offline

Default How to merge info

Gaurav,

The info you provided is great and will eliminate many hours of data input.
One more question. In following your advice, the results are that the two
cells merged, but I need a space between the two cells.

This is how the info is merging together.

PLATE 3/16 CLEAR36X36

Notice there is no space between the word CLEAR and 36X36

How do I get the space between the two cells?

Thanks
--
GRK

"Gaurav" wrote:

In D1 enter the following

=B1&" "&C1

Drag it down as far as needed. Then copy the column and paste special
Values in column B. Delete column D

Does that work?

"GRK" wrote in message
My spreadsheet has two description columns. I want to merge column B & C
together without loosing any data. If I merge B & C together, I loose the
data in C. Is there any quick way to get this data to merge without
typing
each cell?

B C
PLATE 3/16 CLEAR 36X36