Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LWilson LWilson is offline

Default Nesting

My table of data is in one worksheet and the sumproduct formula is in
another. I need to be able to look up the loan number as well. When I used
this formula, it gave me a #Name. Here's my formula...

=SUMPRODUCT(download!A:A='Apr-08'!A7)*((download!H:H=88)+(download!H:H=6))*(down load!D:D=11900)*(download!F:F)

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Do it like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=loan_num)*((B1:B100=88)+
(B1:B100=6))*(C1:C100=11900)*(D1:D100))

where loan_num is the loan number you are interested in. Essentially,
sum amount in column D where Loan Number = loan_num AND Account =
11900 AND Tran code is either 88 or 6.

Adjust the ranges to suit the extent of your data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 24, 5:23 pm, LWilson wrote:
I've got a table of data...

Loan number, tran code, acct, amt.

I need to sum the amounts for the loan number that equal a certain tran code
and acct number. For example, sum acct #11900 for tran codes 88 and 6 for a
certain loan number. The table has several transactions for one loan number.

Can someone help?? My problem is looking up the loan number before summing
the information I need.