Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional Formatting and Macros in Excel

"tralbert" wrote in message

Teri Albert

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

This would be similar to how a new line is created in an
Access
table when you input a new record. Any suggestions?

What formatting, where?

The formatting in previously entered rows. Each time I input a new person
will need a new row inserted below the one I use, and would like to keep
the
formatting used on previous entries. Does that make any kind of sense?

Yes it does, but there is no row insert event that we can piggyback onto, so
we need some other cue.

After you insert a new row, is there something that you always do to the
same column in that new row that we could monitor for, something that you
wouldn't do on a normal update of the row?

Where is the Y/N columns?

Rows I and O respectively. Anytime an "N' is input into either one of the
columns on any person I want that person's row to be shaded dark gray.

Thanks for your help!