Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mitja decman mitja decman is offline

Default numbers in the legend - clikc by click

Hi,

I am using Excel for ages and I noticed that in the case, I have to put
numbers in the legend, I have to click and select each of them separately
every time. Is there a faster way?

This is an example of "Testing results" chart (I need years on X-axis and
test numbers in the Legend)

test no.\year 2006 2007 2008

213345 1231 1311 1366

213367 1235 1333 1335

In Excel 2007:

I select everything and insert a Column Chart. Excel puts test numbers
(and even years) as columns. Wrong!?

I select data only and create a Chart. On the chart I use right click,
"Select data" and for each "Legend Item - series name" I click and select
appropriate cell. Too much clicking (this is a simple example, we have more
than 10 test no. in the chart)!?

I know I could put special sign ( ' ) in front of every test number (Excel
then interprets it as a text) and it would work, but I don't want to,
because we use numbers for that. So how to put or insert numbers in the
legend of the chart as fast as possible?

Thanks

Mitja