Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TexJen TexJen is offline

Default VLOOKUP

I can't wait to get this concept down so I don't have to ask . . . but I'm
not quite there yet. :)

Worksheet 1
Column A has Position abbreviations. P1, P4, etc.
Column I is "Expense Overage".
Column H has an expense (dollar value) # in it.
I need column I to multiply the # in column H by a number it finds using
VLOOKUP, in a table in Worksheet 2.

Worksheet 2 is a small table:
Column A = Position abbreviations (same as other worksheet)
Column C = rates, in decimal format.

So, I need it to multiply the value in Column H from worksheet 1 by the rate
in worksheet 2, based on the Position it reads.

Read value in H, lookup the position in Column A (wrksht 1), see rate from
table in wrksht 2, multiply by that #, return value.

Thank you much in advance for any help!
- TexJen