Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lee lee is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Based on Cell Content

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet for another user so that it automatically
highlights the cell for them when a formula is overwritten with a constant,
so I was really trying to avoid having the user manually change the format.
Is it possible to incorporate your suggestion into a macro in combination
with the conditional formatting feature?

"akphidelt" wrote:

Not sure if this helps because it doesn't do it in an ongoing basis, but if
you highlight all the cells and go to

Edit--GoTo (Or just press Ctrl + G)
Then click on Special
Then click the box that says formulas and then ok

Now all the cells with formulas in them are hilighted and you can change all
the cells properties from there.

As far as conditional formatting goes, im not sure

"Lee" wrote:

How do I create conditional formatting based on cell content rather than cell
value? I'm trying to highlight cells with different colors for cells that
contain constants vs. formulas.