Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pedro S.[_2_] Pedro S.[_2_] is offline

Default Lower than question

Thanks

"pdberger" wrote:

Pedro --
Try this:

A B
1 0.001 =CONCATENATE("<",A1)

HTH

"Pedro S." wrote:

I work at a lab, and when we get results that our equipment can not measure
the samples, we use the "<" symbol with the number. My question is, how can i
get Excel to add the "<" symbol to a result if any of the cells has a number
with the "<" symbol.

2
3
4
The average of these numbers is 3.0. But if one of the numbers has the "<"
symbol, the formula result needs to hae the "<" also in the result:
<2
3
4
The result should read <3.0

All i need is excel to add "<" to the result if any of the numbers in the
colum has that "<" symbol. Including the number with "<" in the equation

Any sugestions