Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Replace one number in a sequence in a group of cells

Copy and paste special as values?

Peo Sjoblom

"penquicw" wrote in message
That gave me the values I wanted, but I want them in the "A" column not
the
"B". How do I get tehm into the "A" column and not have the "B" column.

"NPell" wrote:

On Apr 22, 3:05 pm, penquicw
wrote:
I have a group of cells that start with 2 (201, 202, 203 etc.) and I
need to
replace that with a 3 (301, 302, 303, etc). Is there a way in
"find/replace"
to do this.? I don't know "macros" at all and formulas seem more
complex
then just changing the first number in a sequence. Anyone know an easy
way?

Assuming A1= 201 , A2= 202, and A3= 203..
then in B1 put =REPLACE(A1,1,1,3)
Then drag the formula down.