Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Excel 2002: How to sum up in blocks ?

Should add a caveat to the above suggested formula.

It is very resource intensive.

Wouldn't recommend it for use on ranges in excess of 5,000 cells.

http://tinyurl.com/2xawjs

RD

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Say headers are in A1 to D2, and data starts in A3.

Enter this in D3:

=IF(B3="LR",SUM($C$3:C3)-SUMIF($B$2:B2,"LR",$D$2:D2),"")

And copy down as needed.
--

HTH,

RD

"Mr. Low" wrote in message
Dear Sir,

I have the following table to be sum up in block as illustrated.

A B C D

Block
Serial No Border Amount Sub total
1 CX2145 LR 250 250
5 CX2149 LR 200 1,790
8 CX2152 LR 140 1,000
12 CX2156 LR 960 2,660

Column B is the block separator "LR" that divides the block to be sum up.

May I know what formula I must input at cell D1 and copy downwards to get
the answers?

Thanks

Low

--