Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Riptide Riptide is offline

Default Having cells default to 0

I am using a sum total of column 'c' on sheet 1. The dollar values in cell
'c' are automatically entered based on information in column 'B'. The dollar
value refers to a dollar amount listed in column 'c' on sheet 3. When I try
to add the dollar amounts though I get an error message. I believe it is
because the dollar value in column 'c' sheet 1 only appears if there is
information in the adjacent cell in column 'B', I usually end up with a #n/a.
How do I sum up the column when I have error messages in them? Is there a
way to tell the cell that will have the total dollar value, to only include
the cells with numbers in the given range and ignore cells with errors?
OR
Can I use a formula in conditional formats that tells the cells with errors
to default to '0' if there is an error?
Thanks for any help,