Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tjb tjb is offline

Default Macro to move one cell down

Still no go. To be clear, I have data in cells A1:A356. When the user
clicks the command button, I want the macro to copy cell A1 and insert in the
appropriate workbook. When the user clicks the command button again, I want
the macro to copy cell A2 and so on until it sees no data in cell A357.
Thanks for working on this for me!

"akphidelt" wrote:

Alright, I should have looked at the code harder. I was getting the first
blank cell available when what you want is the last cell that was updated. So
just use

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select

And it should work.

"tjb" wrote:

That didn't quite work and I'm not sure I follow what you were trying to do
with the code.

"akphidelt" wrote:

Try

Windows("Extract.xls").Activate
Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("PascoTOC.xls").Activate
Range("E8").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

"tjb" wrote:

Instead of "Range("A4").Select" from the code below I want the code to just
go one cell down until it finds a blank cell. This is a macro that would be
run one at a time and not on a loop. For example, the user will click a
command button, the code would run once (unless it finds an empty cell) and
then end until the user clicks the command button again. Obviously this is
very possible but I'm at a loss for the code. Thanks all!

Windows("Extract.xls").Activate
Range("A4").Select