Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AKphidelt AKphidelt is offline

Default HOW TO RESTART COUNT FORMULA

Try this... pretend the data starts in A1 and you type in 1 in A1

So in A2 put the formula

=IF(A1="RESTART",2,A1+1)

The only problem with this is that when you manually type in RESTART it
erases the formula from that cell. This could or could not be a problem for
you but it does automatically restart the count when you type it in.

"tgcali" wrote:

Hello,

I need to have 24 rows that count from 1 on down in column A.
1
2
3, etc.

If on any given row RESTART is entered, I need the count to start over on
the next row from two to the end of the list. In other words RESTART would be
substituted for the number 1 and the count would continue:

RESTART
2
3, etc.

Can I do this?