Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Help with Excel Document

One way without filtering. Assumes you type a letter into row 1 of the
column where the letters are stored. Right click sheet tabview codepaste
this.

mc = "j"
If Target.Address < Cells(1, mc).Address Then Exit Sub
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row
x = UCase(Target)
ml = Len(x)
For Each c In Range(Cells(2, mc), Cells(lr, mc))
If Left(Trim(UCase(c.Value)), ml) = x Then
Exit For
End If
Next
Cells(c.Row, mc).Select
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"cdunn238" wrote in message
I have to edit an existing spreadsheet with an index and want to have an
alphabet listing at the top so
that when you click on the letter you're linked to the first cell in that
section that starts with that letter.
Example:

Provisioning--(Name of Document)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

A items run from B8 - B 20
B items run from B22 - B 25
C items run from B27 - B33

and so on.

Please tell me how to link each alphabet to the subject beginning with
that
letter?

PS can I save the spreadsheet as a web page doc also?

Thanks,