Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Paramters or Arugment Auto-Label for User-Defined Function

What you're wanting to do is add what is called a function tool tip. Some
folks call them balloon tips. Unfortunately, it can't be done. You *might*
be able to add something to the "insert function wizzard" but since you're
using Excel 2007 even that'll be very difficult. Excel 2007 is not easily
modified. I suggest you post in the programming forum.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
Thanks, but that didnt quite do what I was looking for. That provided
a decription of the macro when you select it on the "Formulas" tab in
the "Function Library" group (I am using Excel 2007). What I am
looking for, though, is the automatic text that appears as you type in
the first bracket "(" in the spreadsheet. It's a little blue label
that appears underneath the active cell.

If application.macrooptions does this, I guess I dont understand
specifically which field to use then - I tried the "Description" field
and the "StatusBar" field, but neither of those produced the right
result.

Thank you for your help with this though, I was not aware of the
MarcoOptions method before this :)