Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JRXPL JRXPL is offline

Default Functions in VBA used in spreadsheet cell

Thanks for the info everyone, reading over the posts, I tried to create a new
Module and inserted the Function code and it works in this manner.

I am unable to get it to work in the code area for (General) or the code
area for Worksheet when I dblclick on the worksheet or the code area for
Workbook when I dblclick on the project.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but is this the way it is suppose to work? I
feel like I am missing a basic concept. I have tried this on two different
computer systems.

Thanks again.

--
Thank you,
JRXPL

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Original was a couple days past so prolly a slim chance.

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:02:38 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Thanks for reading the response better than I did!

Maybe JRXPL (gesundheit!) will see your message.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Sheets do not have "general modules".

Workbooks have them.

Sheets have "sheet modules" which Dave instructed you to stay away from.

Make sure your function is in a General module--not under the ThisWorkbook
module, not behind a worksheet module.

Remove the function code from the sheet module and place it into a general or
standard module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 06:43:06 -0700, JRXPL
wrote:

Thanks for checking it. It is in the general module for the sheet the cell
is in. I even tried typing it in a cell in all sheets. Still not working???