Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DKS DKS is offline

Default Pivot based chart and adding secondary axis

Thanks Jon.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

The regular chart uses the data as regular data. If the pivot table changes,
the chart still links to the same absolute cell address. I've made the
regular chart more dynamic by using dynamic Names that move appropriately
with the changing pivot table, or by using code that updates the chart
series based on the new configuration.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"DKS" wrote in message
Would this "link" the chart to the pivot table, i.e. I can select pivot
rows
or columns to display and the chart changes automatically?

Or would this technique simply use the data in a pivot table as regular
data?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You can't add data from outside the parent pivot table to a pivot chart.
It
is possible to add pivot data to a regular chart, if you use the Source
Data
dialog, Series tab to add the data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"DKS" wrote in message
Hi

I would love to have a pivot based chart and superimpose another set of
'regular' series on a secondary axis.

Is there a trick to get around doing this retaining the 'pivot'
features?

MTIA