Kassie

Not "someone", but Excel, when using Excel 2002 SP3 in any case. If you want
to use fractions, you have to format as fractions, or else for numbers like
6/1, you have to precede it with an apostrophe ('). To convert back to what
you want, where the date is 06-Jan-05, then obviously the correct format is
'6/1, while 09-Jan-05 will convert to '9/1.

"Alfred" wrote:

in an Excel 2002 sheet we have cells with general format and we put in
numbers like this one: 6/1.
A lot of people have access to this file
Someone changed some of the cells into a date format: 06-Jan-05
Unfortunately our backup is also corrupt.
Is there a way to revert this back?