Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default lookup formula for currency

Graham
Not completely sure what you require but try looking at Format Cells
Custom.
You can create a format to suit. However the cell will only display the
format you enter and I get the impression that USD may not always be the
required format.
Another solution would be to insert a column in front of column G (your
current column G then becomes column H) that will hold the desired curreny
symbol (e.g. if B5 is where the relevant currency is entered then in the new
column G5 enter
=IF(AND(B5"",G50),B5,"")
Regarding Country selection perhaps a LOOKUP fomula will help, have a look
he
http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlvlookupmatch.htm

"Graham" wrote:

On my spread sheet the relevant account currency is entered in column B. Can
other columns be formatted to bear the currency symbol entered in column B.?
E.g if A contains USD can G show as USD100.00 when 100.00 is entered and
will it still be a numeric value?

Also, if I have three rate tables can i have a formula the looks up one of
the currency rate tables depending on the country in column A.