Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gavin gavin is offline

Default Formula for evaluating predictions - Fantasy Football League

I'm trying to do an Excel spreadsheet to work out the points awarded to the
participants of a Fantasy Football League (where you predict match scores
and get points based on the actual match result). I expect this has been
done many times using Excel but I wanted to have a go anyway!

I'm having problems evaluating part of the formula which works out the
points for each match. The part in question should evaluate if the predicted
result is correct but the score is not whether a home win, away win or a
draw. This is proving much harder to do than I thought when I said I'd try
and do it!

The scoring system will be 4 points if the result and score is predicted
correctly, 2 points if a draw is predicted but the score is incorrect and 1
point if the result is correct (apart from a draw) but the score is wrong.

The spreadsheet would have 4 columns for entering the predictions and the
results. Columns A and B would be for the home team and away teams predicted
score and columns C and D for the actual scores.

Does anyone have a clue what I'm even talking about - or hopefully have any
solutions? The more I think about it the more it's frying my brain :-)