Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Blue Max Blue Max is offline

Default Adding new rows in between rows...

Great solution, Bob. Once again, simplicity and a good practical mind
prevail over macro wizardry!

*************************
"Bob Umlas" wrote in message
Here's a method which is much faster than a macro -- practically
instantaneous:
In an unused column, say G, enter 1 in G1 and 2 in G2. Select G1:G2, use
the fill handle & drag to the bottom of your data (if the column is
adjacent to your data, double-click the fill handle). Say this goes to row
4000. You now have #s from 1-4000. Copy them, paste them below so you'd
have 1-4000 again in cells G4001:G8000. So now you have 2 sets of #s
1-4000. Select all your data and SORT by column G. Voila, your data is
double-spaced -- Excel sorted the blank rows into place. Now simply clear
column G!!

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
Sub insertrow()
lastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row * 2
MsgBox lastRow
For i = 1 To lastRow
i = i + 1
Range("A" & i).EntireRow.Insert
Next
End Sub

"MarshaMarsha" wrote:

I need to add a blank row in between each row and the length of the
document
is seven pages; so, is there a way I can do this without having to add
them
individually?? If you can help me with this........thanks for saving my
sanity!!!