Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default xirr #N/A

XIRR is part of Excel 2007, so you don't have to install anything extra.
Besides if Excel didn't recognize the function, it would return #NAME rather
than #N/A.

The only reason I know of for returning #N/A is if you have #N/A as one of
the values or dates. Are you sure all the data is correct?

Maybe it's a recalculation problem. Do you have recalculation set to manual,
and it's being recalculated only on save?

Do you have any of your dates dynamic (ie, based on, for example Today())
which would force a recalculation every time you open the file?

If none of these suggestions help, then post an example of your formula and
data so we can investigate it further.

Regards,
Fred.

"Terry McCoy" <Terry wrote in message
I have an issue with the XIRR and XNPV functions in Excel 2007. The
formulas
seem to be operating properly, but when I go back into the spreadsheet
after
closing it, the cells where the formulas were now say #N/A. I have not
made
any changes to the spreadsheet. I do not have the analysis toolpak
checked
on the add-ins, but I understand that these functions are integral to
Excel
2007, so I should not need the toolpak. I would appreciate any help
anyone
can give me with this issue. Thanks,

Terry McCoy