Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke Luke is offline

Default Wobbled countif and conditional format Results

Max, The apparent problem was the fact that because I needed results from
range $a2:$A10 = k6 (4 cells/rows before and 4 cells/rows after K6), k2 was
renderd into a forward search only and would not look back, meaning that CF
was only looking A2:a10,k2 respectively.

What I did was changed my selection for CF starting in K6:CV14, then entered
the following. Also I beat all the CF formulas around to get the following.

I am happy with this but if you know a nice and quick formula please do tell.

Cond1: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH($A2:$A10,K6,0))),(K6)+0,"")
Format: green

Cond2: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH($B2:$F10,K6,0))),(K6)+0,"")

SEE http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3fg7a for the outcome.

Thank you for your diligence,
Luke

"Max" wrote:

Try amending the CF in Sheet1 to this

With K2 as active cell

Cond1: =AND($A2-1,$A2=K2)
Format: green

Cond2: =COUNTIF($B2:$F2,K2)0
Format: yellow

I'm not sure if there's some ambiguity in your original cond1,
=IF($A2-1,COUNTIF($A2:$A2,K2),"")

but think the above revisions should make it a cleaner evaluation for the CF
trigger
--
Max
Singapore